Friday, September 11, 2009

The First Week Of College

My first week of college was exciting yet challenging. Since I am a commuter this year, I learned how to take the bus home from school. It was not easy taking the bus because there was an unexpected problem that occurred thus, I had to learn an easier and faster way home. This past week I realized I will be having an exhausting but exciting year over all.
Being a commuter is not easy. I did not look up the schedule and the route on getting home which resulted in getting lost. After school feeling dehydrated under hot wheather I have to walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus to arrive so I can still make it home at an earlier time. Trying to get home at an earlier time without getting lost was not working out for me because I felt exhausted, it made me realize at that moment, this can no longer continue I must find a way home that is convinient and less exhausting. The solution was to look up the schedules of the buses and the times that they will be arriving to make it easier and faster for me to be home.
As the week closes I feel exhausted. For example, I have to wake up early to get to my eight o’clock class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I have to wait for the bus in hot weather and it takes me two hours in a half to get home. I did not expect to go though all this in just a week but I am glad I did because this experience taught me how to use the bus. I did not expect to be as tired as I was but, it is all worth it. Over all I feel accomplished. Learning how to commute was exciting yet challenging but so far I can tell that this is going to be a good year for me.

3 comments:

Curly_Kat19 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curly_Kat19 said...

I liked your essay, it was really interesting since you are a commuter for the first time. Your essay and a lot of details and descriptions that supported them. I can relate to your essay because I'm also a commuter and struggle with almost the similar things that you are struggling with. Good Job and hope your solution to your problems work out so you can have a wonder second year at your college. One thing that i did notice that your essay was missing was the name of your college.

Auriyanna.... said...

I can relate to your essay a lot. This year I am a commuter also, and it is a big change when you come from living on campus to driving to school everyday. It does become overwhelming at times but it helps me to become more responsible.I have to worry about making it on time and having enough gas to make there and back home.I loved your story and the way you showed you struggle. I hope you find a solution soon. GREAT ESSAY!